This is it. I'm running around doing last minute stuff before I head to Anchorage tomorrow. What's on my list?
1. Buy salt bagels.
2. Wash Dooley lest she offend her caretakers.
3. Make homemade truffles to serve at a bike alum reunion tonight for donations, natch.
Clearly, I've got my priorities straight. Perhaps I should get out there for a few miles today since I haven't run since Saturday?
Sometimes you need to get perspective before you take on a marathon or half marathon. As always, I can count on The Onion to offer the highest caliber of wisdom. Here's a taste from this week's opinion column "I'm Training to Ruin a Marathon:"
If I'm going to needlessly sabotage a full 26.2 miles of road, I have to make sure I'm at the top of my game. No ifs, ands, or buts.
That's why I like to start off my training day bright and early with a full breakfast of espresso, some diet pills, and a small bag of rock candy. It keeps me edgy and volatile when I'm in the thick of disrupting a tight race. Also—and I can't stress this enough—it's very important to stretch properly before and after yelling derogatory remarks at Kenyans. You don't want your legs cramping up on the way to the escape route.
More tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment